I hope you are well.
Today we will be in the period of the church's year from Ascension to Pentecost.
Ascension day reminds me of three things:
1. Jesus is always praying for us at the right hand of God the Father.
2. Humanity is always a part of God's story and his life.
3. Jesus is now present to each of us equally, and we can turn to him for help at any time.
So this is the time when we are invited by the Archbishops' to pray for God's kingdom to come.
This is something that has developed into a global wave of prayer, and there are lots of ways to get involved, please see below.
Thy Kingdom Come, 13-23 May and 'Catching the Fire' on Pentecost Sunday
Join this popular global wave of prayer calling all Christians to pray between Ascension and Pentecost for more people to come to know the love
and peace of Jesus Christ.
- Sign up to join in the Suffolk Prayer marathon at www.light-wave.org/thy-kingdom-come
- and if you are a Facebook user, join the Suffolk in Prayer Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/360976731898621
- or join live.ipswichinprayer.co.uk on Sunday 23 May from 7.00pm to 8.00pm to pray for Ipswich together.
something to use all through these days until Pentecost: http://www.wtandw.org.uk/mission/how-to-manage-an-hour-of-prayer/
With my prayers as ever.